Sunday, February 10, 2008

Assignment 2: Just another day

What is this assignment all about?

Title: Just another day Medium: Web (html file)
Design of a simple webpage.
Theme: Create a web based visual narrative of any simple daily/weekend
activity/event.

Description:
Select a simple activity (e.g. marketing/food court/ window shopping,
hobby-building/making/doing something etc)
Take as many pictures as possible
Build a story around the pictures taken
Create a web page using lots of images and a little text (you may use
attached template - download the file in zip format)

Procedure:
Pictures: try to keep background of your picture clean.
Crop images as tightly as possible
Try to use as few colours as possible
Take picture in well lit areas.
Soft lighting: keep shadows to minimum

Here are the selected pictures I had taken from my holiday last year June. It was winter. In my presentation, I had used a black background and centralized my pictures so to bring out the colours taken by the camera. Not sure why I can't seem to place a table in this blog page.

Just Another Day - Travel

One Family

We might have come too early *opps*

Heading to Blue Mountains

Through my eyes...

I am in awe with the Creator's hands

Driving into the town to...

Look for food!

True Friends are a gift from God

Camera Used: Fujifilm FinePix Z2. All pictures are taken in the highest rest of 5 mega pixels in Chrome mode. Macro mode is turned on closed up objects like the sandwiches. When taking landscapes, Nature mode is turned on and knowing the weather is freezing cold when you are the mountains and you have a pair of frozen fingers, I am glad that I have my trustworthy tripod to help me stablizing for most of the photographs.

Process of working on this assignment

I had crop and optimized the pictures using the Photoshop Tools. As you can see some of the pictures have very vibrant colours and thus to make sure I fit the criteria for the webpage size of not more than 180KB, i had used the JEPG "HIGH" quality mode. There are several quality mode you can choose from - From Low to Maximum which of course bring out the best colors.

No comments: