Sunday, April 20, 2008

Last Final Leg: DVD Menu

When Julian told us we are to present all our works on DVD, my thought was - just drop my works and burn into DVD. To my horror, I discovered I need to create a professional looking DVD using Adobe Encore.

From my last post of enjoying all the new skills learnt earlier, for once I really dread and hate Adobe products suddenly. After procastinating for weeks, i finally got serious and went to borrow Encore Books from the Central Library. That book i borrowed was my saviour! The instructions were simple to follow and not too complicated. Some questions that were not found in the book but were quickly solved when I googled on the net.

My Final DVD Menu rolls out on Sunday Morning 4.00am. It was a simple menu but at least I knew how to do it! The only problem I faced was i couldn't make it animate for some reasons despite I had import them to Adobe After Effects to play with key frames. It was something I knew I had to find out and see why it doesn't work. But I was really glad I could create something what I see in most DVD menus. At least I have music playing the background when the DVD menu appears.


That marks the end of my NM3208 journey in NUS :) Thanks everyone I really enjoy alot!

No comments: